Soil studies on the basis of Remote Sensing and GIS technologies
Remote Sensing data and GIS are widely used for soil studies. These researches are quite complicated as the space images do not reflect the top-soil. However experience of soil studies of Republic Kazakhstan shows that the reliable field researches data ensure the evaluation precision of genetic type (a subtype, a version), and the properties of soils (humus content, humidity, carbonate content, salinity, mechanical structure).
We realize the following kind of works based on Remote Sensing and GIS:
- Soil studies of agricultural and industrial regions of Republic of Kazakhstan
- Soils status assessment at the oil fields
- Soil studies at SPNT (Specially Protected Natural Territories)
- Creation of soil and soil-ecological maps based on the Remote Sensing data. Digital maps are created with the use of GIS technologies
- Investigation disturbed lands in order to further reclamation.
- Since 2007 the technique of determination of extent of salinization farmlands (the South Kazakhstan area) based on the hi-res Remote Sensing data have been developed.